Tuesday, 31 August 2010

WEEKEND AWAY - PART 3

Last day of our trip. Filled with another yummy breakfast and all packed up, we headed off for our last trip. On route home this time. Stonehenge! I haven't been there for many years. I was a child myself.
It was lovely taking the boys to see this amazing structure. I asked them to think about how the stones could have been moved and lifted. I told them there were no cranes or lorries. This was all done by people many many years ago. Even before the wheel was invented. I told them that some people thought it was built by Aliens..... They found this quite funny!


It was fun to watch them running about and Brendan trying to work out how the stones were stood up and lifted on top of each other.


It was a very windy day... always seems to windy there!! Kenzie enjoyed looking at the guide map and spotting the numbers as we walked around. referring back to his map at each point! Really sweet as his number and letter recognition has really started to grow in the past month!!


Then it was time to head home. The boys had a little rest on the back seat. Both worn out from a very busy and energetic weekend!


That was the end of our lovely weekend away. I hope you enjoyed reading about it! I know I enjoyed sharing it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails