Tuesday, 28 September 2010

OUR 1ST MICHAELMAS!


I have heard of Michaelmas in the past but never really known anything about it or realised what fun I have been missing!
After reading lots of Blogs who were looking forward to their Michaelmas celebrations, I thought I would give it a go this year!!  So this week we have been colouring pictures of St Michael slaying a Dragon, Looked at the Bible story of Michael throwing Lucifer out of Heaven and also read about St George and the Dragon. Being English, this was a nice reminder of our patron saint!

The children had a great time making Bread dough and shaping it in to dragons, using raisins for the eyes and sunflower seeds for the spikes and claws! My children love Dragons so this has been a great activity for them! I have been reading the "How to tame your Dragon" series to my boys at bed times, so we ended up with our very own "Toothless"! Made from bread!















Tomorrow I will be making more dragon bread with the children I look after and there will also be a bit of Dragon slaying!
Unfortunately I do not have photos of the dragon slaying we did yesterday, as they were taken on my sisters camera. Not a great time for me to run out of AA batteries! But all being well I will have pictures of tomorrows fun and maybe some copies of the first Dragon fight to add with my next post!

I am looking forward to looking at some of the traditions other bloggers are following and maybe adding them to our new found celebrations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails