Monday, 11 October 2010

DISCOVERING HIBERNATION

Unfortunately that's not me curling up and sleeping for months!!
The children and I are looking at how the animals around us are reacting to the changing season. The squirrels are busy collecting nuts ready for the winter,  the hedgehogs are getting sleepy and so are the bears...... although we don't have many of them in the UK lol!!


I made a sensory tray for the little ones to play with. we filled it with Autumnal fabric, little fabric leaves, conkers, acorns, pine cones and hazelnuts! I found a little bear, a squirrel and a hedgehog and added them to the newly created habitat! I used a nice carved piece of wood that I have, as a tree.
























It was so sweet to watch the children gathering nuts for the squirrel and putting the in the tree. The bear liked to hide in the little cave house. This was actually something the hedgehog came in but the children decided it was far more suitable for a bear!

I can see this being enjoyed for quite a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails