Sunday, 28 November 2010

STARTING TO FEEL CHRISTMASSY!


This week has been VERY cold and most of the country has been covered in snow. Sadly we are a bit too far in land and it seems to have missed us this time. But the frost has made everything look wintry and I have started on the Winter and Christmas focus with the children I look after.

This weekend I took the children to a lovely place that I have been meaning to visit every year, for a very long time, but never seem to get there! Tree Barn in the aptly named village of Christmas Common. It's only a 5 minute drive away and I have no idea why we have never been there before. It was so festive and had everything you can imagine. I had bought lots of small decorations at local craft fairs but I did pick up an Advent candle, some Cinnamon sticks, dried orange slices and cloves, cake decoration and some other pretty bits. I also picked up a lovely wooden child friendly Nativity scene!

After our visit we drove back through the woods and stopped to walk the dog and find the perfect sticks for our Playroom decoration! We walked in the frost, all wrapped up. it was really lovely!  Kenzie was excited by the crunchy mud!! We kept jumping on it and listening to it crunch!


Today we decorated our branches. I sprayed them last night and left them to dry over night. I then placed them in a jug and let the children loose with all the decorations we had picked up at the craft fairs! They really got in to it and carefully opened all the packs of tissue paper to see what treasures lay inside! I have to say I am very happy with the results. I think it looks very festive!
























Tomorrow will be spent making snowflakes I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails