Thursday, 13 January 2011

SOUNDING OUT WORDS!

This week, the children who come to my setting, have been enjoying sounding out some simple, Phonetically spelt 3 letter words and some more complex 4 letter ones as well. We have been using The Melissa and Doug "See and Spell" toy and the Children seem to be loving it.
It's really helping them with letter recognition and to learn the letter sounds. Because the activity is self correcting, they know when they have got it wrong and change the letter to fit the correct hole. We sound out each letter as we go along, this helps them to brake down the words in to smaller pieces and the more they did this, the easier it became for them. It was very rewarding to see them pick this up and start to recognise each letter. They really shone with Pride when they finished a card. Several children asked me to take a picture of their word and to txt it to Mummy!

I thought I would share a couple of pictures of them spelling out their words!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails