Friday, 6 January 2012

ALPHABET BOXES!

Well I finally got my act together! New year and new effort to do the things I have been thinking about for far too long!

The first thing I wanted to do was make up my Alphabet/ letter sound boxes. I have seen these on a few blogs but I think I first saw them over at Counting coconuts.

I have only just started and have the fun of finding lots of nice little bits to go in the draws, but I have made a good start on it. I got all my bits from Hobby Craft and found the button aisle particularly exciting! I found some stockcard Alphabet stickers in upper and lower case for only a £1 in the sale bin. They look great on the draw fronts! I also found a pack of wooden lower case letters in the children's crafting area, which I have put in to each of the corresponding draws.




I am really looking forward to introducing this new resource to "E" next week. We are about to start looking at a letter every 2 weeks. I am hoping "block focus" on each one will help him to retain their names and sounds.  Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails