Tuesday, 7 February 2012

VALENTINES DAY ACTIVITIES PART 2

Today we enjoyed some Valentines mark making with this tray activity I put together. 
This heart shaped chalk board was about £3 in Asda and i already had the chalk. 

Little "R" wasn't really sure what to do with chalk. It was the first time we had done chalking together. 

After I drew a few hearts she got the idea and started to make her own marks on the board. I showed her how to clean the board off as well, and pretty soon this became just as much fun as the drawing!




Brendan has been home with a nasty cough, but he was feeling much better today and offered to paint our Post Box for tomorrows Valentines activity! You will have to pop back tomorrow and see what we are doing!


As he was feeling more like himself, I asked him to do some "work" for me. He is always quite resistant so I try to find things that will spark his interest. I looked through the Lett's English guide and gave him some options. He said he wanted to write a report on a computer game he likes.  So I gave him a new work book and off he went. He researched this all by himself at the Kitchen table, while I fed Baby "C" her milk in the living room. About 2o minutes later he came in with this! He had written about one of the characters in the game. He then went on to write another 3 pages about different characters and tomorrow he wants to move away from fire Skylanders to a different type. He wants to make this book a project all about them! He is going to find pictures and print them off to stick on the pages!
I am so proud of him and he loved doing this.



Do pop back tomorrow for some more 
Valentines Day play ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails