Sunday, 10 June 2012

BIG BATCH COOKING AND BUBBLES!

Today was spent mostly at in the kitchen!
I spent all of last night looking for easy recipes for family meals. Healthy food that doesn't take long to cook or that I can prepare in advance, freeze and then defrost and put in the slow cooker on the day.

I cheated and bought pre chopped veg as well. Naughty me!


I found this blog post which was very helpful. I used some of the recipes and adapted others to make them suit a freezer meal. I hope my changes work....... I guess we will see.


I also made up some batches of Cheesy fish pie and some cinnamon beef and potato bake.




Yummy! After all that cooking I made us a Chicken roast dinner and Apple crumble. I am looking forward to trying some new meals and already feel less stressed knowing that I have food for many meals to come and that we will not be tempted to eat the easy junk food..... like chips!

And what were my boys doing while I was busy in the Kitchen?

Well some of this!


And a bit of that.............


and some more of this!!


Being boys.... being kids! What else?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails