Monday, 25 February 2013

FINE MOTOR SKILL FUN!

The children had so much fun with chop sticks over Chinese New Year,  I decided to keep a pair out and offer them again and again so that they could work on this transferring skill.

Today I added them to the basket of animal maths manipulative's. Another big favourite of the children.

The concentration on the children's faces and the progress you could actually see being made with each attempt was wonderful. They started off using both hands, then putting the animal in the chop sticks with their fingers and then within 5 minutes they were picking up each animal and transferring them to the small bowl with no trouble at all!






We also worked on the lacing board. I have had a few lacing activities but I got this for 10p at a car boot sale and I love it! It is all natural materials which I personally prefer to plastic and seems much easier for children to use, especially when they first start threading!






Today's play, meets the following EYFS Prime and specific areas
  • Physical development
  • Mathematics

  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails