Thursday, 16 May 2013

TRIP TO THE DENTIST!

Little "R" and I took a trip to the dentist today.

We sat in the waiting room and she looked through the toy box exploring things until it was our turn. She found so stacking cups and placed them one by one in a line in size order. I thought this was a lovely piece of evidence of her understanding of sequencing items so took a quick picture for her progress folder.



We worked on stacking them once we had gathered them out of the box.  She found her own way of doing this. Some of the smaller cups were hidden under the larger cups as they were built up in to the tower.


Very soon it was our turn and she sat on a little chair and watched as the Dentist checked my teeth and then gave them a clean. The Dentist was wonderful with her and told her what he was doing and reassured her that although some of the tools sound noisy, it doesn't hurt and is fine. She laughed at my funny glasses I had to wear!  Once I was all finished it was her turn to sit in the chair and have a little ride. Up and down...... and then back and forth! She looks a bit scared in this picture but she was actually having quite a good time! The nurse gave her a lovely Pooh Bear sticker which she asked me to put on her top and had fun telling everyone about on the school run!




Today's play, meets the following EYFS Prime and specific areas
  • Communication and Language
  • Personal, Social and Emotional
  • Understanding of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails