Thursday, 8 January 2015

ALL ABOUT ME.... GETTING TO KNOW YOU ACTIVITY

I planned this as a fun ice breaker and a good way to find out what little "C" liked on her first day. Thanks fully I am friends with her mum so I knew the answers to most the of the questions and could help out when she was feeling a bit shy.

We used a big stencil with shapes on it to draw interesting boxes to write in.

I started to talk to "C" about her family and who lived in her house with her. Who was special and who she liked to see.
We also talked about pets. My pets which she had been interested in that morning and then her pets.

She watched me write in the boxes and had a pen to make her own marks on the page as well.


She told me about the toys she liked and that she liked to watch Peppa Pig and Frozen.

Some of the questions she found tricky, like what food did she like. But at lunch time we came back to that one by talking about the food in her lunch box.


We then decorated  her poster together.

LEARNING INTENTIONS AND IDEAS FOR EXTENDING LEARNING: 
  • Opening up lines of communications by talking about things she is familiar with and giving her crayons to doodle with as we talk, taking off some of the pressure.
  • Getting to know "C"'s likes and dislikes and noting them down to help with next steps and planning. 

NEXT STEPS: 
    • Take a copy of the poster for her learning journey and then send the poster home for her to share with her family.

    CHARACTERISTICS OF EFFECTIVE LEARNING:

    Little "C" was keen on some one to one time and wanted to draw but found some of the questions I asked her a bit tricky. She did warmed up quite quickly though and started to tell me more about her friends and family. She liked to make marks on the paper as we spoke so that we were not looking at each other and asked me to draw shapes and pictures for her as we chatted.


    Today's play, meets the following EYFS Prime and specific areas:
    • Communication and language
    • Personal, Social and Emotional Development
    • Physical Development
    • Understanding the world

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails