Monday, 18 May 2015

MINIBEAST WORDS AND PICTURE MATCHING.

I picked these up really cheap from a supermarket and thought nothing more of them. I found them this week while sorting out a cupboard and thought they would work nicely with the minibeast tray I had set up.


Little "L" was the first to try these out and with some help we sounded out the letters on the cards to see if she could work out what each one said. We were also introduced to some of the more unusual insects which we hadn't talked about, like Mosquito. This led to looking in the bug reference book to see if we could learn more about Mosquito's.


For such a cheap item, it was a great addition to the minibeast tray for my pre-school aged children. Extending the learning in the activity and making it suitable for a larger range of children.


Today's play, meets the following EYFS Prime and specific areas:
  • Communication and language
  • Literacy
  • Understanding The World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails