Wednesday, 9 September 2015

MAKING NEW FRIENDS!

Little "J" started with us today. He is such a sweet and gentle boy. He finds the initial separation from his mum quite hard but once he has settled he really likes to get involved.

He is a couple of weeks older than little "H" and I am hoping that they will get on well together.

"J" made me goggle this afternoon as he used my hard to touch and interact with "H". It was as though he wanted to be friends but needed to do it through me. I have seen children do this with sensory play before but this was a new one for me. It was a safe way to interact with his new friend but without the pressure of having to make contact himself.




After a little while he felt safe enough to touch his new friends and be touched. they even shared a toy together!


Before long they were crawling off up the garden together. Exploring and babbling to each other.



Today's play, meets the following EYFS Prime and specific areas:
  • Personal, Social and Emotional Development
  • Communication  and Language


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails