Saturday, 20 May 2017

"4" NUMBER PLAY TRAY - TODDLER ACTIVITY

After a quick observation of the current children in my setting, I noticed that most could recognise numerals to 3. I suspect this has something to do with those numbers having been relevant to them in their lives as an age. With this in mind I decided to set our first number tray up to start at 4.

I used a cheap pack of playing cards from the pound shop and stuck all the 4 cards on to a tray.  Then collected sets of 4 small items so that the children could count to and recognise groups of 4 and the matching numeral.

This is a simple activity that can be made at home with items you already own. Link this with some number rhymes and board books and you have some lovely play opportunities for reinforcing mathematical learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails